This is a project I dreamed about the other night. Do you ever have those moments where the inspiration bulb comes on and you’re like- YES! Let’s do it!
In my room, I have a lamp that is very blah and white. I actually hung necklaces on it to make it look a little prettier. You can always paint it but why not give it some texture… enter, yarn lamp.
First, start out making the base with a piece of posterboard. This is so the yarn doesn’t catch on fire! Safety first. Then follow these next set-up steps.
Now, just wrap your little heart out. My lamp was larger so I bought two rounds (are they called rounds??) of yarn. Now, it’s time to decorate it!
I’m much more visual so below are the photos of how to make a tassel. For those not so visual, here ya go:
1. Find a book and use this as your base
2. Wrap a nice size amount around the book
3. Under the page part of the book, slip in 3 strands of yarn and tie
4. Braid these pieces to make prettier
5. On the binding side of the book, cut this side of the yarn
6. Combine the 2 sides and wrap a piece of yarn around the top to make a ball
7. Cut the bottom to make a straight ending
Tie them onto your lamp and now~ set it up in your space and see how it looks!